Thursday, November 11, 2010

Getting Fingerprinted


So, in order to apply for foster parenting and adoption, we have to be fingerprinted and send for a FBI report.

At first it feels weird, like I'm untrustworthy or something. Like I might be a Criminal. Like I AM one...

Then, I found out that school teachers and insurance professionals have to be fingerprinted. Well, maybe it's not too bad. I highly esteem those professions and the people who dedicate their lives in services.

A dear friend of mine also helped me process through this weird hurdle. God went through HUGE hoops to bring us into His family. Why should following in His footsteps be so easy? I actually do want systems in place to protect children. Boundaries should be erected because there ARE monsters out there.

It's just a new experience for me to start one the side of Possible-Monster and slowly step through the many gates put in front of everyone, ordinary people trying to do extraordinary things.

We must error on the side of protection.

This process requires Patience.

But I will be found a capable, loving parent – by the Grace of God -- eventually.


3 comments:

  1. Rachel, I'm so proud of you guys! You guys are doing what we (as in the Tiens) only talk about!! Keep up the step by step process of becoming capable LOVING parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! You *will* be found capable and loving, because you *are*. And you will have great stories to tell your children about all you went through to find them and bring them home. And in doing so, you will teach the about the One who loved them even before they had you to show them what love is. So glad to be on this journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! --capable and loving-- God's grace abundantly given and shown.

    ReplyDelete