Monday, January 04, 2010

What I Learned Series (WIL, Intro)

Last week, at the end of 2009, I was inspired by my husband's verve in posting quotes and thoughts in response to Dietrich Bonhoeffer's Cost of Discipleship. 

I've thought about blogging for several years, but always felt I was too private to even dream of putting my journal, or my thoughts out there for everyone to read - if they wanted. However, reading through Bryce's, as well as watching a great friend blog weekly for the last (very difficult) year, I jumped in. Uncharacteristic, I know.

Framing my new blogging experience as: What I Learned (this week), I attempt to make manageable bites of life. Fair warning, some weeks may be less than revelatory, for example, "Compost is Excellent Building Material."

As a new blogger, writer, I am under no delusion that I'll have many - if any - followers for some time - if ever. However, as I told my husband after reading his recent offering, we have to write for ourselves long before we write for an audience. Besides, it's a reasonable argument that when an author focuses too much on the audience, rather than serving the story, readers see right through it and dub it poor writing.

Thanks for embarking with me on this crazy adventure. God's up to something.

-R

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world, my friend! I think "jumping in" uncharacteristically is the best way to start something like this. I know if I had thought too long about starting a blog, I would have talked myself out of it. And that would have been a great loss, I think. I am excited both to read your thoughts and to see your growth through this experience. Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete